Hello everyone, My name is Odile, I’m 16 years old (I’ll turn 17 in april!) and I’m from the Netherlands.
I’m obviously sending in a submission because I would love to be someone’s pen pal :). I just enjoy getting to know new people from different cultures. I don’t care for age/race or gender, the only thing that matters is that you’re a nice person :). I’m very shy, so I’m kinda nervous about submitting this thingie hahah! Well, I guess you should shoot me a message if you would like to chat and I’ll try to answer asap!
A little more about me
So I’m in my fifth year in high school right now, which means I still have one year left. In my country we have different levels in high school education and since I’m blessed with intelligence, I was placed in the highest. This also means that I follow a lot more classes than most kids do: English, German, Greek, French, Latin, Dutch, maths, arts, social studies, philosophy, history, ancient history, PE, Dutch literature and economics. I would love to improve my German, French and English by communicating with a pen pal!
When I’m done with school I want to study philosophy and Arabic studies or Law (haven’t made my mind up about the last two though). In my spare time I enjoy dancing (ballet), acting, traveling, sports (tennis, field hockey, volleyball and track), hanging out with my friends, reading, painting, writing and going on adventures.
My home situation is kind of difficult, due to some events that occurred in the past. I’m not really comfortable talking about it where everyone can read it, but I think that whoever wants to start contacting me should know that snail mail won’t be possible since my foster family is kind of strict about those kind of things (it’s already a miracle they let me use the internet).
- x Tv shows: My So-Called Life, the Walking Dead, Sherlock, Skins, Cake Boss, Death Note, Grey’s Anatomy and Criminal Minds.
- x Movies: The Virgin Suicides, Ginger and Rosa and Eternal Sunsine of the Spotless Mind.
- x Books: Harry Potter series, Franny and Zooey, The Catcher in the Rye, 1984, a Clockwork Orange, Ariel (not the Disney one), Hamlet, Perfume, Alice in Wonderland and Looking for Alaska.
- x Music: Bright Eyes (Conor Oberst is my favorite singer songwriter), Arcade Fire, the Vaccines, Radiohead, Pixies, Nirvana, the Gorillaz, Elliott Smith, Regina Spektor, The Strokes, the Black Keys, The Smashing Pumpkins, The War on Drugs (Kurt Vile), Death Cab for Cutie, Chet Faker, Hole, Keaton Henson, Joy Division, Local Natives, Patti Smith, the Smiths, the Velvet Underground…. Okay, I should probably stop now haha :).
x Kik: odile16
x Email: odile1998 @ hotmail .com
x Tumblr: iamfrannyglass.tumblr.com
Well I hope to talk to you soon! Thank you so much for reading (if you still are reading, hahah :D).
PS. I sent a submission to multiple pen pal thingies, so don’t be surprised if you see me popping up somewhere else, haha :).
Email– shushalaura @ gmail . com
About me: I’m a college student that’s currently studying criminal justice and plan on adding communcations as my second major. I’m currently finishing my freshman year here. I just joined a sorority on campus! I’m trying to figure myself out while I’m here. I’m also a camp counselor during the summer and I absolutely love my job. I would love to talk to someone from absolutely anywhere, I love to write and talking to people!
- Hobbies/Interests: Photography, video games, reading, going to concerts, listening to music, hanging with my friends, food, watching Netflix, just chilling, working with kids, and helping people out, baking, cooking, traveling
- Music: Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, State Champs, A Day To Remember, All Time Low, P!nk, //
- Television: Parks and Recreation, Law & Order: SVU, Catfish, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, Criminal Minds, NCIS, ((any law shows really)), The Devil is a Part-Timer, Ouran High School Host Club, Pokemon //
- Movies: Fools Rush In, How To Train Your Dragon, Star Wars, Horns //
- Books: The Fault In Our Stars, Fangirl, City of Ember, Harry Potter, Hunger Games Trilogy //
I’m looking for someone who wants to send mail the old fashioned way! I would love someone from across the country, across the world, or anywhere really. I’d like to send each other drawings, recipes, little gifts, something that makes your area special, anything really! I would love to send each other things. I love giving other people things! Package pals and culture exchange would be greatly appreciated!!
Countries: Anywhere and everywhere!
People around me who are only 1-2 years older are already into serious relationships, having children even, making big plans for the future and then there’s me and I can’t even decide what to order for dinner.